Evander Smith-Death of Innocence, Birth of a Warrior Part The Fifth

 “Tyler, get down here. your friends brought food for you guys,” said Eldon. Tyler leaves and comes back with a basket of food. “Hey guys, I’m going to check on Lily and Travis,” says Tyler after few moments.

As Tyler opens the door the kids hear “…Eat children.” Tyler slowly closes the door.

“Ok guys, I’m going to go downstairs. Now don’t open this door unless someone uses the secret knock,” said Tyler. He grabbed some food and then headed downstairs.

After Tyler was out of the room Evander asked, “Hey guys, what’s the secret knock?”

“I don’t know” said Rothus.

“I know. How about this?” said Aeryn. Tah-Tah-Teh-Tah. Aeryn knocks the pattern on a nearby wall.

“Ok,” agreed Evander and Rothus. After a while there were foot steps on the stairway, and then in the hall. They stopped out side Tyler’s door. Tah-Teh-Teh-Teh-Tah Tah-Tah came the knock from the other side. Evander quickly braces the door.

“Guys, it’s me. Open up,” calls Tyler on the other side of the door.

“No one's home,” says Rothus. Tyler tries the door but Evander keeps it shut.

“Guys, come on. I did the secret knock,” says Tyler.

“No you didn’t,” says Aeryn.

“Shhh, guys, they don’t know where here,” says Rothus in a hushed voice.

“Guys, let me in,” says Travis.

“Do you know the secret knock?” asks Evander.

“No,” says Travis.

“If you guys don’t open up in five seconds, I’m going to get my father,” whines Tyler.

“Ok, let’s ask them only questions the real ones would know,” suggest Aeryn. “Lily, what animal is it hard for you to talk to?” she asks.

No comments:

Post a Comment