Evander Smith-Death of Innocence, Birth of a Warrior Part The Fifthteenth

“Why us?” asked Lilith. “Why not some of the other kids. I didn’t even live in town,” she continued.

“I don’t have the answers, all I know is that Dalton said you have a destiny and I intend to see you to the beginning,” replied Dalton. “Now, here are some weapons that your father gave me, Evander,” said Dalton passing out weapons and bed rolls. “Now, get some rest we will leave early tomorrow,” he said.

Evander found a flat piece of ground to sleep on. Evander manages to fall asleep but has troubled dreams and when Roran wakes him up he feels more tired than when he went to bed.

“Its safe to go back to town now, right?” asked Lilith. “Or even to my house, I mean it’s just a little ways over there,” she said pointing towards it.

“I’m sorry but I don’t know when you will be able to go home,” said Roran.

“But why? Why us, why our village, why not some of the other kids?” said Lilith trying to hold back tears.

“I don’t have the answers, but I know some people who might,” said Roran.

“I have to go back, I have to see my father,” said Tyler.

“Look, will you stop complaining if I take you back to town?” asked Roran.

“Can we risk it?” asked Evander. “If the village was attacked because of us I don’t want to endanger it further,” he said.

“No, but it seems some of your friends won’t listen when I say we can’t go back. But if you really want to see the town after the attack, then by all means let's go,” said Roran exausted and not knowing how to handle children who have just lost everything. They were all quiet and didn’t meet Rorans gaze after his little outburst.

“Please, just tell me about my family,” said Tyler.

“Your father will live, however he was hit by an arrow and may not be able to do some of his old tricks ever again,” said Roran. “Now, lets get moving, we have a lot of ground to cover, and not a lot of time to cover it in,” he continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment