Lilith's Journal: Chapter 1, Prologue

The Journal, Tarenvale Chronicles

This morning I finished binding my first book, and showed to mother. She was very busy, but took the time to flip through the delicate sheets of paper. She really liked the book. She told me I did a wonderful job with it (even though a few pages are falling out, and the sheepskin cover is a bit torn already). I told her I made it for her to use in her chronicles of the coven. I was trying to help best I could. She smiled at me and straightened the collar of my dress (I also made myself with silk worms from the grove). With a reassuring smile she told me it was beautiful work and that I should keep it to start my own chronicle.

I wasn’t sure what to write in it. When I asked her what I should write about, she pulled me onto her lap and kissed my forehead like she always does. She told me to start a chronicle of my adventures. I laughed and told her I was only thirteen and much too young to have any adventures just yet. She laughed at me and said “you would be surprised”.

I’m still not sure what she meant by that, but I took her advice and started to write. I named it, “The Tarenvale Chronicles” after the town nearest me and my mother. I go there quite often, and it seemed like as good a place as any to start an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment