Evander Smith-The Storm before the Dragon Part the Third

“No, she said that the oracle told her that she is going to kill us in the future,” said Tyler a bit defensively.

“What?” exclaimed Evander.

“She said betray, not kill,” said Lilith.

“Guess I missed something while I was sleeping,” said Evander.

“The Oracle said that there is a darkness that lives inside witches. My mom had my dad to help her, but I have no one. I’m going to turn on you guys because my dad isn’t here to help me. I don’t want to hurt you guys but the oracle saw it…” said Lilith breaking down towards the end.

“It’s okay Lily, we will just have Evander tie you up so that you don’t hurt us,” said Rothus.

“So what, I’m supposed to stay tied up the rest of my life?” asked Lilith.

“No, just before you betray us,” said Rothus.

“Well I think we should tie her up now,” said Tyler sulkily.

“With the help of Desna I’m sure we will find some way to save you,” said Aeryn reassuringly.

“Alright, for now just come back to the camp, we don’t want you getting sick,” said Evander. I guess having my own tent has some unforeseen drawbacks, thought Evander. The storm continued for about another hour before slowing to a light rain then stopping. “Okay, since we have taken an extended break let’s make up for lost time,” said Evander.

The group continued their journey south, in search of the magical bracer in the mountains. The forest gave way to sweeping plains, and towering mountains.

“Whoa, looks like we made really good time. Look how close the mountains are,” said Rothus.

“We have to hurry, Dalton will only be in town for two weeks,” said Lilith.

“Wait, Dalton’s in town?” asked Rothus.

“Yeah, didn’t I mention that?” asked Lilith.

“No,” said Rothus.

No comments:

Post a Comment