Evander Smith-The Tree Part the Last

“I’ll stay, I really don’t have anywhere else to go,” says Tyler.

“I will stay,” says Aeryn simply.

“That sounds like fun,” says Rothus.

“I’m in,” says Travis.

“And you Evander?” asks Joachim.

“You have given us food and shelter, as well as training and now these gifts. It is a debt that must be repaid and so I shall aid you,” said Evander. Plus we still haven’t talked with the oracle yet, he thought to himself.

“Good, now for the last order of business. Tyler, though I thought Evander should lead Dalton disagreed and thought that you would make for a leader. While that may be true in the future, it is not so now. Thus I am putting Evander in charge,” said Joachim solemnly.

“Yes sir, I mean, how could I lead them since Lily didn’t want to follow me, but followed Evander instead?” said Travis sulkily.

“Hmph, it doesn’t matter if they follow your orders, it’s that you have the confidence to lead. Dalton barely follows my orders, yet I am still a leader. I did tell him to put Evander in charge, yet he gave the responsibility to you,” said Joachim.

“Sorry sir, please don’t whoop me,” said Travis.

“You have nothing to apologize for. Now, in time you may find the strength to lead, however for now that is Evander’s responsibility, if that is all right with the rest of you,” said Joachim. Everyone except Tyler nodded slightly. “Now Tyler I need to talk to you for a bit, the rest of you are free to leave.” And with that they left Tyler with Joachim. We really need to work on team work, thought Evander to himself as he left the tent. The Lizard-men fight, though they were victorious, was not executed with finesse or teamwork. And so, as the new team leader, Evander began to think about how to lead his friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment